Welcome to Dymphna's Diary

Although I am not Catholic, I find it interesting that "Dymphna" is the patron saint of those who suffer from clinical depression and other mental illnesses. Considering the purpose of this site is to offer inspiration and spiritual guidance to my readers, I felt it was only right I chose her namesake for the title.

In 2010, this site was set up to pass along personal information about how depression has affected my life and the lives of my family. Since then, it has EVOLVED. In 2011, I attempted to present posts that were INSPIRATIONAL to you, my readers. In 2012, I went even deeper with personal stories from people across the United States via touching videos, songs, and interviews. My hope was to show each of you that even when you feel that you are in a situation that no one else could understand, you are not alone. Through it all, my comments have remained to be my personal opinions and spiritual reflections. I will continue to occasionally post information that I feel is beneficial in removing the stigma of mental illness, but regardless I feel blessed to have been given this platform to spread God's love and compassion for ALL people. I wouldn't be where I am today without the strength I receive daily from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. My hope is that this blog will help you find some comfort in your life. It most certainly is helping me find comfort in mine.

I want to make it perfectly clear, though, that when I make generalizations regarding mental illness, I am NOT giving advice to anyone. I'm just passing along information that I have found helpful in my life. I'm writing about MY PERSONAL experiences and thoughts. Mental illness affects everyone differently and your situation may not be reflective of mine.


Monday, May 9, 2011

Forgiveness

From the beginning of time there has been a need for "forgiveness" in the world... a need to forgive our fellow man, our friends, our family and sometimes even ourselves. With that in mind, I have attached some thought provoking quotes that I've recently come across - I hope they cause a moment of reflection for you.

“True forgiveness is not an action after the fact, it is an attitude with which you enter each moment.” ~ David Ridge

Forgiveness is one of the greatest gifts the Lord has given us. With it comes understanding.” ~ Unknown

“Forgiveness is the economy of the heart... forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits.” ~ Hannah Moore

“Forgiveness is the remission of sins. For it is by this that what has been lost, and was found, is saved from being lost again.” ~ Saint Augustine

“Forgiveness is the needle that knows how to mend.” ~ Jewel

“Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.” ~ William Arthur Ward

“Most of us can forgive and forget; we just don't want the other person to forget that we forgave.” ~ Ivern Ball

“To be social is to be forgiving.” ~ Robert Frost

“People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than for being right.” ~ Joanne Kathleen Rowling

“Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” ~ Peter Ustinov

“You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.” ~ Lewis B. Smedes

I wish you all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment